Friday, January 29, 2016

Therapy

Work wise, the month of January has been stressful. Not only does it mean tying up the end of 2015, but it is also the end of the fiscal period. So, I spent hours and hours gathering things for the CPAs, making sure everything balanced, correcting numbers that didn’t. What a relief it was to box all the papers off last Friday and Fed Ex them out of my office. I was able to breathe again!

So this week has been quite peaceful. The month is coming to a close, but while I can prepare a few things for invoicing and reporting, I can’t do a whole lot. With this breather, I decided it was finally time to pull all the dozen or so boxes of old financial records out of one of the empty offices, go through them, sort things into order and put them back in the boxes with proper labels. Quite a task, yes. One that will take hours. Maybe even a few days. But I don’t mind. Not at all.

To be honest, I find it rather therapeutic. Take disorder and make it orderly. Put things neatly into boxes. Stack the boxes around me comfortably. Lost in my own little world of numbers, and letters, and packing things away. It’s relaxing. A wonderful way to be aside all the stress of life.

Bizarre? Perhaps. Maybe I need therapy for my therapy. I don’t know. But it’s nice to end an exhausting month with a bit of “rest”. Very nice indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment