Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Emry Update

It has been a while since I’ve posted about Emry. Not because she hasn’t done anything new or isn’t learning something fun nearly every day. Mostly because I simply don’t take as many pictures, some of the things she is learning she would be better off never knowing (yes, she is a little sinner!) and a lot of things are mimicry of what she sees Ed and I do. Such as putting bags on her arm, or brushing her hair off her face when she’s tired, or shouting “Goodness!” when Ed surprised her the other day. (Yes, I use that word a little too often…)

But our little 16-month old is growing and changing even while she remains little and “behind”. I say that simply because she’s not walking on her own yet, although she has been walking as she holds onto things or with help for the past six weeks. She’s just taking her time, which I don’t especially mind. She gets into enough crawling. Not to mention the speed with which she can conquer a set of stairs. (Thankfully we have now learned to come down them again “feet first”.)

To prove that I actually do still take pictures (I try to get a few a week to text one to Aunt Grace in Kenya), here are a few of her newest feats:

This is how we like to “walk” – it always reminds me of Mowgli in The Jungle Book.

Picking out a prayer request. She’s allowed to pick a couple from the prayer box every night before bed – a task she loves to do.

Helping with the dishes. Because of lack of space, we use our dishwasher as our drying rack. She loves to “help” Ed put them in as they’re washed and “help” me put them away later.


At Raccoon Creek State Park. We weren’t sure what she would think of the water, but she let me help her walk right out into it up to her belly and then plopped right down. Except for a brief dunking when she tried to move too quickly, she sat there for over an hour splashing, digging in the sand and playing with the other kids. She loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment