Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Our First Cold

I guess it’s that time of year again – the warmer weather is going away, the colder weather is coming. It has been lovely, opening all the windows and letting in the fresh, cool autumn air. After a weekend with lots of fall rain, it is sunny again and the days do warm so being outside is a pleasure. Long sleeves come out, sweatshirts in the morning and evening and boots – yea for boots!

And, we learned last night, colds. Emry has yet in her nearly 18 months of life to have a cold. Not so much as a sniffle. But last night she woke up a couple of times crying, coughing and sniffling. Since she’s been teething I couldn’t tell until this morning if the sniffles were on account of the crying or on top of it. A runny nose is a good indicator that this is her very first cold. I’m running about with tissues to wipe said runny nose. She’s frustrated because she can’t breathe as well. And blowing her nose, which she thought was great fun when unnecessary, is now a drag.

The humidifier has come out. I am dressing her warmly (thankfully she likes socks, but I always have trouble dressing this little girl because she is always so warm to the touch while I am always so cold). I even made her some tea with honey and lemon for her sippy cup. When we walk to the library later, we will tuck a blanket around us. I know colds must run their coarse, but I hope this one is short rather than long. And then we can go back to being our very healthy self. Praise God for exceptional good health!

No comments:

Post a Comment