Wednesday, September 6, 2017

7 Months!!!!

Today, Ethan is 7 months old. Today, I moved his 3-month clothes into his dresser drawers. Yep…like his sister before him, he’s tiny.

But he is strong! I’m not too surprised he’s weighing in at only 12 or so pounds. The way he moves, it’s amazing he gains any weight at all. By 7 months, Emry was sitting up by herself but that was all she was doing. Sit her on her blanket and you’d find her there two hours later, happily playing with her toys. Put Ethan on the floor and you won’t find him in the same place five seconds later! He’s everywhere!!!!!

So, yes, Ethan is extremely mobile. Not crawling…mobile. In fact, I think his upper body strength is greater than mine for he does this inch-worm thing and uses his arms to move himself just about wherever he wants to be. The legs seem to be more like helpful extras than useful limbs. Although, he does walk his feet up underneath him so he’s in a Yoga downward facing dog pose and then shoots himself off from there. It’s not his preferred mode of transportation and I get the idea that what he really wants is to run about on his feet like Emry does. And since he’s not yet sitting up by himself, I also have this awful suspicion that sitting is not something he’s going to do very much…

For that matter, I also think I’ll have to puree his food for the rest of his life. I never worried about Emry choking on anything. I can give him a grand total of two closely watched Cheerios before he wants to simply cut to the chase and inhale them. My telling him the whole time, “Chew, chew, chew,” while making that motion with my own mouth does nothing. In fact, he just gives me a little grin like he knows what he’s supposed to do but has simply decided not to.

Seven months…where has that time gone?

 Yea – 7 months!

Sit still? I don’t want to sit still, Mama!

I think I’ll just eat the Sock Monkey…


Finally – one good picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment