Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Today...the Past

This week I turn 39. It’s a bit surreal. Just yesterday I was getting in the car with my mom, my kids and nephew loaded up in the car seats behind us. Getting a glimpse of myself in the side mirror, I wondered when I had become the mom with the greying hair while my mom had become Grandma. Have a really lived half a lifetime or more already? Despite the aging woman in the mirror, it doesn’t seem like 39 years have passed.

In her closet, Emry has a little blue jumper that I wore 35 years ago! She loves wearing it, twirling around as she does whenever she wears a dress. The other day I wondered if I happened to have a picture of myself in that dress so very long ago. Sure enough, I found one:

Me – 1984


And here is Emry:

Emry – 2019

You know, there are some similarities…!

No comments:

Post a Comment