Saturday, July 18, 2009

A License to have Fun

I have lived in the state of Indiana now for eight months. Within that time I have learned how dull driving can be when there is nothing to look for. I don’t mean the endless corn and soy fields. I’m talking about license plates. For in the eight months I have been here, I have found two worth sharing:

KNITWIT

LETSROLL

A vanity plate in Indiana is more expensive than in New Hampshire, but it’s also much harder to get. If I understand it right, you have to apply for by a certain date. The government has to agree you can have it, it is issued to you, etc. But I could be wrong for I’ve been told more than one thing by the BMV that I late find out isn’t so.

Meanwhile in New Hampshire, some friends have collected vanity plates for me over the past seven months. On the list is 124, and I’m sure they found many more for they didn’t list any sport teams or business names. Here are a dozen of my favorites:

4RNSICS

WHT-EVA

CUL8R

L8RM8R

T-T4NOW

BRKALEG

RUJOKN

P8RIOT

RUNPONY (on a mustang)

TK-ACTN

W8&SEE

SNH9E

No comments:

Post a Comment