Friday, July 10, 2009

Today we were all in the car driving home from playing basketball at a park and a stop at Sonic. As we drove down the main road towards home, a dark blue Ford pick-up truck passed us. Caleb calls from the back:

“Dad, that’s the kind of truck I want!”

There is a moment of silence while we all study the truck in order to assess our own opinions.

“You want a Ford?” Grace wonders.

“Well, no,” Caleb admits. “And I don’t like the color either. And I don’t want the shell on it.”

“And how about the tires?” I asked.

“I think the mirrors aren’t too good either,” Mom adds.

“So you want a truck just like that but not like that?”

We’re all laughing while Caleb tries to support his choice/not-choice in that truck.

“Well, Caleb,” Dad remarks, “now you wish you just kept silent, huh?”

No comments:

Post a Comment