Saturday, February 20, 2010

It's late Saturday evening, and I'm tired after a busy week and a wonderful weekend. But off the top of my head, I thought I'd just list a few things I realized I have missed about New Hampshire:

  • Allyson, Caleb, Violet, Seth and now Silas
  • Snow
  • Mountains and rolling hills
  • Trees - forests of them!
  • Big, old colonial houses
  • Old churches
  • Winding, bumpy roads
  • Vanity plates (like RUKDNME)
  • The kids I taught
  • Ice cream
  • Frozen lakes and rivers
  • New England blue skies
  • Little villages
  • ....and all of this again a hundred times over
And things I don't miss so much but make New Hampshire what it is:
  • Red Sox and Patriots coats, hats, shirts, etc.
  • A pharmacy on every corner
  • The funny accent

No comments:

Post a Comment