Monday, February 15, 2010

This weekend I went to the shoe store to purchase a new pair of tennis shoes. While there, a young boy about 7 or 8 years old was following his mother around and talking non-stop. He told her how much he liked the news shoes he carried in his hand. He wondered aloud why it took her so long to find a pair of shoes when he found his so easily. He remarked about how many sandles were on display compared to boots. Then he added,

"Of course, it is summer longer than it is winter."

I laughed. That, my young boy, depends upon where you live.

For in Texas, it is certainly summer longer than any other season.

But in New Hampshire, it is winter. For those living there, they might not think that very grand. But I never minded it - and for someone who has received but a grand total of a few weeks of winter scattered here and there, I am very ready to enjoy it. So tomorrow morning, that is where I am headed. I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. thanks for your sweet comment...i only made those first couple of cards...the rest are from etsy.com :)

    are you liking your job? i'm still looking for one, if you'd believe that (yikes!) i am babysitting a ton & getting 'warm' to some new opportunities I pray.

    glad you're getting to go home!! it MUST be a climate shocker in TX. it's snowed a few inches here in NC 2 times this month...a record...and it was beautiful :) our snowman survived for 12 hrs.

    ReplyDelete