Wednesday, June 9, 2010

No, I haven’t forgotten to blog this week. There just hasn’t been anything to write about. Except the heat. And the brown grass. And the withering leaves. And the heat. And the dry air. And the sweat the runs down your back the moment you step outside. Oh – and did I mention the heat?


I’ve never been a big fan of summer. I don’t like the heat. The only good thing about it is swimming. But I don’t do that much since leaving our pool in New Hampshire. Unless you count the fact that I come back from jogging or tennis drenched – in my own sweat. So there isn’t anything I care for in temperatures in the 90s and 100s.


Besides that, I don’t think it’s rained for a month or more. Last night, the temperature dropped and dark clouds covered the sky. Plus it’s been humid. But I feel a little like Christopher Robin walking with an umbrella underneath Winnie-the-Pooh who is floating in the sky dressed as a raincloud.


“Tut-tut, it looks like rain,” I say.


But I doubt those dark clouds will give any more rain than Winnie-the-Pooh can.


Well, okay, I look out the window and the cars in the parking lot have drops on them. Just enough to make them even dirtier when the drops dry…


But now I do have something worth writing about. This morning when I arrived at work after taking my grandfather to the airport (he’s going to Florida for a week), one of the nurse’s took me by the arm and skipped me into the DON’s office with our young social worker (she’s 27 and has been married for 18 or 20 months). There Jane told us she is to have a baby – in November. Yea!!! We’re already discussing baby showers…

No comments:

Post a Comment