Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Beautiful New Hampshire


I have heard statistics that say there are more motorcycles per capita in New Hampshire than any other state in the US. I think I saw most of those on Sunday, out for a ride on a lovely autumn day.

I have also heard people in New Hampshire eat more ice cream per capita than anywhere else in the US. I had a small pumpkin ice cream the size of my head that was to die for on Saturday. (Texas has nothing on New Hampshire’s version of a “small” ice cream!)

New Hampshire also has more vanity plates per capita than anywhere else in the US. My favorite: IT-3OVM. (You’ll need your rearview or side mirror for this one…)

I would also dare to say that New Hampshire has more political signs per capita in than anywhere else in the nation. I had forgotten that every major intersection has the grass covered with the them!

The WONDERFULNESS of New Hampshire. I can’t begin to say how glorious it was to be back there. To see the leaves changing into their fiery colors:



  
To walk under stunningly blue skies, around lumbering mountains and beside glittering ponds:



To saunter through old graveyards, imagining history and another time:



And, best of all, to spend time with my dearest friend and her six energized, fun, laughing children. Aren’t they adorable?



For the first time in many, many months I feel I have rested: spirit, soul and body. And, seriously, I want to go back for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment