Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Snow!

I have thought in the last couple of weeks that it may be time to change my blog background. After all, Christmas is over...and so is winter...maybe? Apparently not in Minnesota.

It has been dark and overcast for four or five days now. I was thinking just this morning it may be time for the sun to come out, but I quickly decided I didn't like that. I did live three and a half years in a place where the sun always shined (all right, it shined 330 out of 365 days a year) and I could live quite happily if the sun doesn't show itself for a week. Overcast is good.

But it isn't just overcast. Through tonight, tomorrow and into Thursday we are expecting 6-12 inches of snow! Yes, SNOW. Apparently, I'm to blame for that. At least, that's what I've been told four or five times today. ("Well, Melissa, you wanted it!") But we also decided at staff meeting, it's probably Pete's fault. The theme for the summer is Christmas ReDecorated: A New Reason for the Season. In order to have the very best, Pete would like camp covered with snow in July and ice hockey/polar plunges versus canoeing/swimming. And he is well on his way to getting his wish...

In other news, the annual "Ice Award" contest is on. To enter, one must write one's name on a date on the calendar on my counter. The date is one's guess of when the ice on the lake will finally be melted. Presently, the ice is still attached to the land. Therefore, one can guess both in April and May. Phil (the maintenance guy) has guessed April 30 while I'm thinking May 4. Thus far, we are the only two who are competing for the trophy (a gold plaque with a mounted ice remover). But I understand it is a tough contest - one a recent transplant from Texas is not likely to win. Guess we'll just see about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment