Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Busy, Busy, Busy

I barely have time to write this, but I'm waiting for Pete to send me a list so I can finish up cabins, run a million and one reports and then go home, pack and fall exhausted into bed. WELCOME SUMMER!!!

Well, sort of. It's somewhere below 60 and raining today, but I'm beginning to think that's what summer looks like in Minnesota. I will say the lilacs are GORGEOUS!!!!! Haven't seen any in four years and I feel as  if I'm in heaven with them all!

But as far as the office goes, it is beginning to look a lot like summer. Staff is all here, running themselves ragged because they're college students who seem to believe they don't have to sleep...which has caused at least one large conflict. On Sunday nearly 180 first to fourth graders arrive! Thus the million and one reports, and cabins, and all that stuff. Which I have to stay to run as long as it takes tonight. Why? Well, I'm flying to Boston tomorrow to be in a wedding on Saturday. Not great timing, but at least I'll fit in with the staff when I get back: no sleep and exhausted!

Typically these hundreds of reports will get run on Saturday evenings and finalized on Sundays before check-in starts at 4. This week, everything gets run this evening and poor Andrea will make changes by hand with last minute stuff. Which means we have a lot to get in order tonight. Funny, but she's left confident she can spearhead check-in than I am and she was here all last summer. But I've learned one thing in life: look and sound confident. Even if you've no clue what you're doing!

So, now I shall check my e-mail and see if I can't get started...

No comments:

Post a Comment