Thursday, October 9, 2014

...I am a Witness

Our new little one is due to arrive somewhere around April 21. As we were announcing the news, I have had four friends also announce the coming of babies in April. One friend is due in early April, two in mid-April and the other about the same time as myself.

All of us are in different circumstances. This is my first. Jaci is having her fourth and everything seems to be going very well (although she is VERY tired from moving on top of being pregnant). Erin is due with her third, and when her sister Allyson told me, she asked for prayer. Erin has two little girls, but she has miscarried her last several pregnancies. We are now rejoicing that she is further along in her pregnancy than she has been during the last few.

Charity is having number three also, and this in itself is a miracle. She had concerns that she would never be pregnant. And Tirzah is having number two. They are just now spreading the news because she was at a high risk, the baby’s heart beat being very low. She was taking it easy (as easy as chasing a one-year-old can be) and we were praying the Lord would take care of this little one. Just this week, she had an appointment on Monday to hear the baby’s heartbeat. Still low, the doctor was very concerned and they did an ultrasound on Wednesday. I got a text that afternoon that the baby’s heartbeat was at 153 and the baby seemed to be doing so well, they moved her due date up! I sat at my desk and cried in joy.

Today, Ed and I went to the doctor for my second check-up. I was a little concerned, wanting to talk to the doctor about something that had happened the day before that scared me. She told me it was nothing to worry about and then we got to listen to the baby’s heartbeat for the first time. You could hear it pounding in there as if the baby were running a race, right at 160. You should have seen the look on Ed’s face!

As my friend Haley signs off on her e-mails:

God is good…


…I am a witness.

No comments:

Post a Comment