Monday, December 29, 2014

Home for Christmas

It was wonderful to be home for Christmas. To be with my parents, most of my siblings, the dogs…to eat great food and not have to prepare it…just to have nothing to do for many hours and sleep in in the mornings. To be home.

We arrived Christmas Eve in time for dinner (one of the “few” traditions we still keep, as Jenny said – probably the understatement of the year). Funny enough, I couldn’t sleep that night as if I was waiting to hear Santa on the rooftop. So, I was a little tired early the next morning when my siblings woke us up. So, I took a nap on the couch while some of my siblings watched The Expendables 3. No, it wasn’t hard to sleep through all the gunfire and car chases.

Christmas day was as it always is: restful, good food, nothing to do. The next day, Mom and Dad took Ed and I to lunch, although the first two places we wanted to go were still closed for the holidays. Same with the ice cream places we tried, although we found something yummy! Played games, watched movies, felt into bed exhausted.

We brought back a few of my things from home – a bookshelf, books, Christmas things, photo albums. At this rate, it will only take a larger vehicle and another five or six trips to get everything to Pittsburgh. But that’s okay. I’m just happy to have more of my books at my own home – including all my children’s books I’ll get to read to my own little one in a few short months.


It was a wonderful Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment