Friday, June 19, 2015

New Things

Every week Emry learns something new. This past week we learned several new things.

First, we went with Mama and Papa to pick strawberries, cherries and sugar snap peas at a local farm/orchard. To say she picked anything at all would be a lie. She’s not that advanced for two months. But she was very content in her stroller, enjoyed her bottle outside in the fresh air, and allowed Mama and Papa to pick away for about an hour. Next year, I’m sure she’ll join us in both picking and eating.


Second, we are now playing with some of our toys. Perhaps Mama has been a little remiss in not getting out a rattler or two before now, but only this week has her hand-eye coordination been apparent. She is seeing something and reaching for it. This skill has yet to be perfected, but we’re starting to grasp the concept. And, of course, anything we have in our hand goes directly into our mouth.


But most important of all, we had a lesson in Newton’s Third Law of Motion: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. One morning while lying on the floor, watching Mama do her yoga, Emry learned that when she places her fingers far enough back into her mouth, she will gag herself. This was quite a novelty, for she did it several times before I told her to stop. On the other hand, she doesn’t quite understand that when she grabs a fist full of her hair and yanks, it hurts.

So, this week we covered science and physical education. Next week I think we’ll diagram sentences and graph algebraic equations. After all, we have only eighteen years before heading to Harvard…

1 comment:

  1. Melissa!

    So much has happened for you in the past 2 years, I'm just been catching up on your blog, so many congratulations :) I must have somehow lost track between moving house and life and all the rest. I went back to my blog to print some old posts and saw that you were still active in my feed, so popped over to see what you were up to - I honestly had no idea it had been so long since we'd been in contact. Anyway, would love very much to pick that up again :) my email is pzy001@gmail.com if you felt inclined to drop me a line and share yours :) My eldest daughter has just picked up her first penpal this year, another homeschooling girl, and it reminded me of all those times writing and receiving letters [of course you've always been so much better at it than me].

    Anyway, its beautiful to see that God has given you your heart's desire with a good husband and beautiful daughter.

    Tab x

    ReplyDelete