Monday, June 1, 2015

One Year

Believe it or not, it has been one year since I arrived in Pittsburgh. 365 whole days. And what a year it has been!

This time last year, I was pulling my hair out trying to pin Uhaul down about the location of my worldly possessions. My mom and I were getting lost trying to find grocery stores, flowers and other things to get ready for a wedding. Friends and family were preparing to arrive in Pittsburgh. And all my thoughts were consumed with to-do lists and pulling off a ceremony and reception that wasn’t too stressful and a blessing to those who came.

All that seems like a lifetime ago – not merely a year. Of course you know that getting married is going to change your life. Especially when you move half way across the country to do it. But even with that knowledge, I don’t think any of us realize how much life can change.

In the past year, I have gotten married. I have become the owner of a washer and dryer and bought a couch. I have gotten lost in the city I now call home more times than I can count. I have changed my name (which took months!). I have seen fireworks from Mt. Washington, been to a Pirates game and ridden a bike all over the city of Pittsburgh. I have a new job, joined a new church and enjoy a wonderful library system. And – biggest and best of all – I have a baby girl lying in my arms who is presently fighting taking a nap.

One year. It passed like a blur…full of it’s own set of trials, joys, tears and laughter. What a year!

1 comment:

  1. I know the feeling all too well!! We were not even married for one year and we had a baby!

    ReplyDelete