Thursday, December 31, 2015

Another Year is Passing By

Today 2015 comes to an end. And I feel like I’ve lived it to the fullest – I’m so worn and tired I could sleep it right out the door. I’m serious. Yesterday Emry and I went on a run. It’s been over a week since I ran pushing that two-ton (okay 50 pounds with her in it) stroller up and down three and a half miles of the hills of Pittsburgh. I thought I was fine until I laid down in bed last night – and thought I’d got run over by a two-ton truck. I haven’t felt like this since I, well, gave birth to Emry. And then they gave me painkillers. Or maybe 2015 has just been that kind of year…

Actually, it hasn’t been that sort of year at all. And as I come to the end of it, I see God’s faithfulness throughout. No matter how many worries I had, how many tears I shed, how many fears I took to bed with me – God has been unchangeably faithful, sovereign, loving, generous and kind. We have never been without, never seen a crisis we could not overcome and have seen more than we need or deserve. It has been another year of HUGE changes for Melissa Sturm…Camus (who still forgets her last name sometimes…), but I look at the little girl sitting on her blanket eating Cheerios and corn Chex for a snack and I wouldn’t unchange it for the world.


I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Thy works; I muse on the work of Thy hands.   Psalm 143:5

No comments:

Post a Comment