Thursday, March 17, 2016

Life Goes On

It has been one of those weeks when nothing truly exciting or inspirational has occurred. No epiphanies. Emry hasn’t started walking yet. And, honestly, not even my few readers want to read about my vacuuming, laundry or filing. Let’s just say no one is going to make a reality television show after my life. Which is perfectly okay. I’m not at all suited for the tabloids.

Of course, Emry is ever filling life with new things as she gets older. I’m quite sure she’ll be a late walker. We try to work with her every day by standing her up on her feet just so she gets the idea of standing on them. Since she has no interest in crawling or reaching for things out of her range, she doesn’t even attempt to pull up and try to stand. I’m not too worried about it. Even though having a little walker would have it’s fun moments, at least I never have to worry about leaving her alone in a room on a floor.

What I love the most lately is how she recognizes things and can even tell you about some of them. She has known “duck” for quite a while, but now she also points to pictures of dogs and says, “Ooo! Ooo!” (Which is her version of “Woof! Woof!”.) She can find me many of her toys if I ask her for them. And she loves to “read”. She will now sit with one of her board books, flip the pages back and forth and talk a mile a minute in her own little language.

Although she seems to have plateaued in her weight (according to my scale at home, which I won’t claim is 100% accurate, she hasn’t gained any weight since her last doctor visit), she is now big enough to enjoy riding in the “big” stroller. She seems to love being able to see the world now, hardly ever relaxing as she looks about her on our runs. And as she eats well and is happy, I’m not overly concerned about her weight. It’s just an excuse to have more ice cream, right?

Emry after a morning run.

No comments:

Post a Comment