Friday, May 6, 2016

Learning and Growing

I sat at the dining room table, reading my Bible and eating a bowl of cereal for breakfast. I had set Emry on the floor nearby with her bag of wooden blocks. She played very quietly. When I looked over at her, I found her very patiently and quietly stacking them one on top of the other. They would fall over, and she would begin again. She sat there for ten or fifteen minutes, content with her blocks. I was quite amazed at her perseverance, patience and diligence. I can only hope these qualities grow as she grows.





She is fun to watch as she learns new things. As she discovers ants, and bees, and dandelions. As she learns to say “baa” when she sees a sheep or “la, la, la” when she sees a pig. (Okay, so, that one will have to be corrected. It’s one of her favorite books which says “Three singing pigs say, ‘La, la, la’!” Still, it’s quite cute.) Or as she realizes for herself how the different buttons on her toys work. She can be so proud of her new accomplishments and it is fun to watch her face light up with new discoveries. It reminds me that there is a world of wonderful things I take for granted everyday – a wonderful reminder.

No comments:

Post a Comment