Saturday, October 28, 2017

Shopping

I am not a shopper. Never have been. Unless it’s books, I guess…and especially if I had an endless amount of money. But since that has never been the case, it’s pretty safe to say I am not a shopper.

Especially now. Honestly, I cannot remember the last time I went shopping without my children and husband in tow. But I took just over an hour the other day when Ed was home and the kids down for naps to run to the store by myself. I had a couple of things to get to complete some Christmas gifts, which I was able to get in a record amount of time. (Like the same amount of time it takes me to get the kids out of the car…) So, I decided to stop by Kohl’s and look.

I’m pretty sure I haven’t browsed through Kohl’s (or any other store) by myself since before Emry was born. It’s the best time of year to browse: sweaters, flannel shirts, warm pullovers, boots. But if I was ever considered a practiced browser, I am most definitely out of practice now. I found it all a little overwhelming, didn’t know what I would buy if I even had money to buy anything and when I did slip in the fitting room to try one item on I just stared at my reflection and wondered when I had gotten so old.

Yeah, not the best shopping venture ever. So, maybe it’s just as well that I don’t see a repeat performance anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment