Monday, January 21, 2019

Snow Day 2!

What’s better than a snow day? Two snow days! 

Last Saturday’s snow barely melted over the past week as the temperatures remained around freezing. So when it started snowing again Saturday, we were all very excited.

This was a very different snow day. The kids did go out to play – not once, but twice. They played for nearly an hour in the backyard, doing who knows what as they tumbled about, swept snow off the furniture and then colored it red and blue with some squirt bottles of colored water. I had to call them in, coaxing them inside with the promise of hot chocolate and marshmallows. Later, after dinner, they went back out when Ed shoveled the drive and sidewalk. The promise that they could go back out the next day was the only thing that brought them back in.

Otherwise, it was one of those days that I wished I could curl up in a chair with a pile of books, blankets and warm mug of coffee while watching the snow falling past the windows. But those days are long gone. I chased kids about, did a couple of loads of laundry, made dinner, made sure everyone got fed and bathed, baked, finally finished all my Christmas letters and worked. A profitable day, yes. Not exactly the way I love to enjoy snowy days, but I did get a warm mug of coffee. 

No comments:

Post a Comment