Friday, January 4, 2019

The Incorrigibles

As a teenager, I read books over, and over, and over again. The Chronicles of Narnia?I’ve read each of them at least four times, some of them seven or eight (especially The Voyage of the Dawn Treader)and I keep wondering how old Emry’s going to be before I can read them to her aloud and enjoy them all over again…and again. When I discovered Janette Oke, I can’t say how many times I read some of hers. Loves Enduring PromiseI probably read twenty times. I miss those days.

These days I simply haven’t the time to read a book over, over and over again. Not that I haven’t found a few I would love to re-read but with a growing list of nearly 300 books I want to read in this lifetime, who has time to re-read? But this past year the final installment of the The Incorrigibles by Maryrose Wood came out in May. I have loved these books so much, I pulled them off my shelf and started re-reading at number one. The number two, number three, number four…and I simply couldn’t wait. It was May. Number six was out and the copy I bought kept calling to me. So, I read it. Then, I read number five. And number six again! And now I’m wondering when Emry will be old enough to have them read to her. Although, I may re-read them again before that.

If you haven’t read the six books in The Incorrigibles series I highly encourage you to rush to your local library this moment and check the first one out. I won’t spoil anything about the feisty governess Penelope, the three children brought up by wolves, the quirky household they live in or the wonderful cast of characters who gather in the mystery surrounding them all. They are so delightful, you had better check out all six at once. 

I promise, you won’t want to put them down!

No comments:

Post a Comment