Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day Weekend

We have had a busy holiday weekend. Going into it, I didn’t plan on doing much. We need to do our grocery shopping on Saturday, church on Sunday, a playdate on Monday and a visit to my parents’ that afternoon. However, with Ed off for the first weekend since Easter, I guess we figured we’d make the best of it and enjoy the time we had as a family. Because we certainly didn’t get the tasks I had on my list completed!

After naps on Saturday, we ended up over at Purdue campus. Our small group from church invited us (last minute) to join some of them at a couple of the fountains there. They let anyone play in them, so dressed and ready in swimsuits, Emry and Ethan ran around and completely exhausted themselves. I have to say we have found a new favorite place to visit:

Ethan ducking through the spray.

Emry splashing her feet.

Sunday was a good day of worship at church. After good naps all around, my restless husband and kids wanted to go to the free little zoo at Columbia Park in town. So, we made our way over to enjoy an hour or so with the butterflies, goat, otters, wallabies and other animals as well as a stop to play on the many playgrounds.

 Emry and Ethan on the tractor at the zoo.

On Monday my play date had to cancel as her son was sick, but we made our way over to the town’s Memorial Day Parade anyhow. Emry has fond memories of the parade back in Rochester last year and while I was disappointed that Lafayette’s didn’t have a marching band, the kids were not at all disappointed with their candy haul. After naps, we ended the day having lots of fun at Grandpa and Grandma’s. 

Emry waving her flag!

Ethan and Papa waiting for the parade to start.


No comments:

Post a Comment