Thursday, July 18, 2019

Summer

It’s hard to believe July is nearly over and August is almost here. Which means summer is more than half way over and progressing towards its end. Already I’m thinking of the fall. Mostly because I want cooler weather. I miss the long sleeves, jeans, socks and jackets. I can’t wait for a chill in the air, actually enjoying a morning cup of coffee and runs that don’t leave me drenched in sweat. Honestly, two weeks of summer would be more than sufficient. Then an extended fall, lazy winter and quick spring. I often think I should move to Alaska.

But I do wonder where the summer has gone. It’s not like we’ve done very much. Ed had two weeks off (factory shut down), but aside from the two of us going to Chicago we didn’t do much. Yet it has seemed so busy. Maybe it’s the two weeks of swimming lessons or dashing out the door every Tuesday evening for ballet. Or that we can use the school playground anytime of day as long as school is out. And we do head over to the pool at least a couple of times a week, often walking unless Grandma wants to come, too. They spend a lot of time outside, too, which does keep them out from under my feet more. 

We have tans, and bug bites, and various bruises and scratches to prove how busy we’ve been outside. Emry has gotten better at riding her bike. Ethan just attempts to climb, jump or run over something different every time we’re out. Both enjoy the pool now, but Emry is very good at splashing and “swimming” while Ethan enjoys splashing in the fountains. At the waterpark, they both love the lazy river – although it’s not very lazy riding with the two of them! 

Yes, it has been a full summer with still a few more weeks to enjoy it. And then it will be a busy fall as Emry starts Kindergarten and Ethan…well, we’ll see how I manage to keep him busy while also attempting to teach Emry!

No comments:

Post a Comment