Friday, August 7, 2020

Two Months!

Today, Elly is two months old! Between the world she was born into and her older siblings, I would say that is a great accomplishment. I sometimes wonder if her earliest memories will be of people in masks…

 

Her personality is starting to shine through a little more, and I am happy to say she has become less serious. Although she often has a serious look on her face and she views the world around her, she now smiles and coos. She likes to “talk”, most especially to Emry. Sisters sharing secrets already.

 

I sometimes wonder if some of the things she seems sensitive to are because she is a summer baby. Ethan and Emry were older by the time the warm months came on, so they didn’t suffer from the heat rash she has had. Or maybe she just has very sensitive skin – something she will despise as a teenager.

 

Like all babies, she loves ceiling fans. She also giggles, coos and waves her fists at the mobile on her swing. She likes to wave her fists around. Perhaps she is warding off her older siblings!

 

I have always been surprised that my children have heads full of dark hair when they are born. I expected them to be much more bald and turn blond, since I was a bleach blond as a kid and Ed was also blond. But while Ethan’s hair turns light around in the edges in the summer and Emry’s has natural blond highlights, if you look closely at Ellyson’s hair, it seems to have a red tint. Especially her eye lashes and eyebrows. Since I have two sisters who had red hair, I suppose I shouldn’t be surprised. And yet I think I will find it a little odd if her hair ends up having red tints to it.


And, she is by far my largest baby. She has more than a pound on Emry at the same age and a little short of a pound on Ethan as she weighs in at 9 pounds, 9 ounces. She is also nearly 22 inches in length, proving that Ed may be right and she will be tall one. As the youngest, I guess she needs something to lord over her younger siblings!





No comments:

Post a Comment