Tuesday, May 25, 2021

The Other Two

I realize it’s been a while since I posted much about my kids. I suppose that’s good, though. It means they haven’t done anything crazy or come to bodily harm. For which I’m grateful since our only car is the thorn in our side right now…

 

Since I just posted about Emry, I thought I’d catch up a little with Ethan and Ellyson. Ethan is, well, Ethan. He spend his days draining my energy with his endless commentary and risking his life in ways I don’t even want to know about. (Like climbing the six-foot fence on one side of our yard or scrambling up to the roof of the shed. At least he told he wanted to climb up to the roof of the garage so I could tell him that wasn’t allowed.) Since we finished up school this last week, I told him that along with Emry doing her reading and flash cards or math drills for the summer, he would be working on his letters and sounds so he can start Kindergarten. Since he’s seen some of his school books that I’ve already ordered, he assumes we are actually doing Kindergarten. I won’t disillusion him. But teaching him is going to be muchdifferent than teaching Emry. For example, the flashcard with the letter “T” had a picture of a toolbox full of tools.

 

“Ethan, what letter is this?”

 

“E-T-H-A-N,” he responded, stressing the letter T. 

 

Apparently, if the letter is in his or Emry’s name it cannot be said without spelling out the whole name.

 

“And what does ‘T’ say?” I asked.

 

He said the sound and then started rambling, “Toolbox! Tools! I have tools! Papa has that tool, but I have that tool. And that one. And the hammer…”

 

It’s going to be a long year of Kindergarten…

 

 

Ellyson, meanwhile, is sleeping through the night!!!!Mostly. I’ll add that disclaimer, because she has nights where I’m up several times. I’m thinking it’s teething. Her top two front teeth finallypopped through the gum today. On the other hand, she has always seemed to think that sleeping through the night is highly overrated, even when she was in the womb. She’s also just enjoying her nearly one-year-old life: getting into things, making messes, pulling up on things and even letting go to sit back down. No walking yet and that’s okay. She gets into enough trouble crawling. But even though she drains what energy I have left after Emry and Ethan, she is such a sweet little thing. What would life be without her?

 



No comments:

Post a Comment