Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Three Years Ago

Although we miss Grandpa and Grandma (my parents) when they go away for a trip, we also love going out to their house to housesit and keep an eye on Gus, the beagle. It’s really nice being out in the country. Tons of space to roam and play, quiet and peaceful nights, larger rooms, and three whole bathrooms! It’s also really nice that when one of the kids is looking for me, they can’t always find me right away!

 

I think three years ago was the first time we spent considerable time out there, watching the house while they were in Kenya for my sister Grace’s wedding.  We had just two kids then: 4-year-old Emry and 2-year-Ethan.


Emry and Ethan on the purple hippo in one of Grandma’s flower gardens.

 

Today, of course, there are three kids: 7-year-old Emry, 5-year-old Ethan, and 2-year-old Ellyson. How time has flown!

 

Emry, Ethan and Ellyson with the purple hippo!

 

Another thing we have enjoyed doing as a family is going out for breakfast on a Saturday morning. It’s not something we do very often, maybe two or three times a year. But as I was looking for the above picture, I also found this one:

Ed, Emry and Ethan at a restaurant, 2019

 

Which is quite a change from the one I took this past week!

 

Ed, Emry, Ethan and Ellyson at a restaurant, 2022

 

The kids aren’t the only ones who have changed…

No comments:

Post a Comment