Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Who Wore it Best?

As is with most second-borns of the same gender, more than half of Ellyson’s clothes were once Emry’s. And thankfully Emry was born first. She is much easier on her clothes. If Ellyson had been first, not many would have survived to be passed down!

 

Ellyson is not yet of an age that she minds hand-me-downs. She’s not yet particular about what she wears, outside of “shoe-as” and “bows”. She is very picky about what pair of shoes she pulls out to wear (and she wears what takes her fancy, not what goes with her outfit). She also never fully dressed without a barrette, including at bedtime.

 

Like all my sisters and I, though, what looks great on one may not look great on another. My sisters and I are all very different in build. Many of us wear the same size, but not because we have the same waist, or hips, or leg length. It’s just what fits best but looks different on each of us. The same goes for Emry and Ellyson. They are sisters but are very different in how God has built them. So outfits that I thought looked adorable on Emry don’t suit Ellyson quite as well. In the reverse, some outfits that didn’t quite suit tiny Emry are quite “cue-et” on the slightly larger and chubbier Ellyson (as she says). 

 

When she was not yet two, Emry received a dress from her Aunt Jenny that was one of my favorites on her the summer she was two. It was pulled out for Ellyson this year. I still love the dress, but I’ll let you judge who wore it best:

 

Emry, summer 2017

 

Ellyson, this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment