Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Let the Holidays Begin!

Well, the first of our guests arrived last night. My cousin Candace (aka: "Candy") and her fiance Matt arrived safely around 6 in the evening. We ate dinner and then sat around and chatted. Candy is forever entertaining. She hates silence, so she fills it. And she talks about just about everything under the sun. Her fiance is a bit more quiet (thankfully!), but he carries on a fine conversation. And he's quite intelligent but not in a, "Oh, you're talking about butterflies? Well, let me tell you everything I know about them - and, believe me, I'm the worlds greatest genius on that subject" like some guys I know. Probably comes with graduating in a few weeks with a degree in construction engineering.

As a working girl, I had to get to bed early last night and get up early this morning, so I didn't spend a great deal of time with them. I'm not sure how tonight will go. The rest of "the gang" arrives which means my aunt and uncle, Boo (real name Diane) and Ed, with Candy's younger sisters Alex and Hannah (ages 19 and 15, respectively). Should be a thrilling night - but I'm going to try very hard to get bed at a decent hour for I still have to wake up early to go to work one more day.

But then the holidays will begin. Lots of cooking, but lots of eating and fun. My aunt, uncle and cousin who live nearby will join us on Thursday (Jacque, Lorun and 9-year-old Zak). Candy and Matt like to play Scrabble. Hooray! Out will come my Scrabble board for the first time since its move south. And I intend to teach my cousins to play Hand and Foot. Who knows what else we'll find to get into? But I'll keep you posted. With pictures, too!

1 comment:

  1. Hand and Foot!! That is one of our favorites... especially when Mother's relatives come over. I hope everyone enjoyed it as much as we do! :-D

    ReplyDelete