Monday, January 24, 2011

My Heavenly Father

For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened. Or what man is there of you, whom if his son ask bread, will he give him a stone? Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent? If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father which is in heaven give good things to them that ask him? Matthew 7:8-11

I've been thinking about these verses a lot lately. They just seem to fit in the myriad of things that have been going on in my life. But they were especially real to me this weekend. I had a few particular requests to make of my gracious heavenly Father. Things I wanted to fall into place very much. The pieces were all there. But I couldn't put them together myself. I had to trust Him - if it was His will - to do so.

When I awoke Sunday morning, I felt like it was my birthday. I didn't know what I was going to get for the special day, but I knew it would be something wonderful. My heavenly Father would give me a good gift. And He did! All those pieces I knew fit together fell right into place, one by one, guided by the hand of my Father in Heaven who I could almost seeing smiling down upon me, eyes twinkling.

Over the last two months, there has been one particular lesson God has taught me among the hundreds I have been taking notes on: how much He loves me. It is an amazing love. An astounding love. A love I cannot explain, but is so very real. I have a heavenly Father who hears my prayers, knows my desires better than I do, and truly does give good gifts to me. Truly, there is nothing better than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment