Monday, April 18, 2011

Another Weekend...Counting Down

Well, I failed to take pictures of the dollhouse to post today. If I think about it, I'll take some tonight and upload them. The shingles are finished and most of them are on the house, attached with masking tape while the glue dries. And the tower is built, but not attached. There's a wall that didn't level out right, so I've got to adjust so the tower will lay flat. I also got quite daring: I cut a wall in order to make the attic bedroom bigger - got to have lots of room for a huge family, you know. Goal this week? Get the wallpaper measured and cut. Then it can go in as soon as the electricity is rigged.

Otherwise, my weekend was busy and not so busy. Got the last Larkrise to Candleford season! Haley and I watched one disc. Have to get the second one done this week so I can take it with me when I go to Indiana on Friday. Took a nap on Sunday...and filled the hours on Saturday with one chore after another. I didn't sit down for six hours - unless you count kneeling over flowerbeds and weeds and the quick trip to Sonic at Happy Hour. Weeds, washing the car, sweeping the garage, dustmopping the house, doing dishes, washing clothes and sheets, cutting vines, picking up shingles and sticks from the high winds Friday night. Oh - and I planted some squash seeds. (Yes, Mom, I did. My weak attempt at gardening...) Exhausting - but it was good, hard labor.

Not much to look forward to this week (unless temperatures reaching nearly 100 tomorrow is something to look forward to). At least not as Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday drag on. But on Friday...! I go to Indiana! My wonderful housemate will wake up with me before the sun rises and trek me to the airport in order to catch a 6 AM flight. After a brief stop in Memphis, I will land in Indianapolis not long after 10:30. Where my wonderful parents will pick me up. And where I will spend the next five days doing nothing but eating way more than I should, playing on the Wii, pushing dogs away, resting in a room full of books and enjoying not only my parents but my five youngest siblings. Oh, why can't it be Friday now?


The house with the tower attached and the shingles.

Decided on my outside colors after picking up several samples: aren't they lovely?

Wallpaper for the library, bathroom and master bedroom, ready to go as soon as the electricity is put in!

No comments:

Post a Comment