Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Clapboards

Well, when I finally tackled the wiring of my dollhouse, I thought that would be the challenge to overcome. I think that's nothing compared to these clapboards. They looked easy. Straight lines. Some glue. Press. Cut to size. Done. Hah!

So, before tackling this next step on my dollhouse, I decided to read up on it. First, I read the directions that came with the dollhouse. Then I checked out what people were saying on-line. Which sent me to the store to buy a different kind of glue. But, that done, I was ready to go.

I have to say this task has taken some trial and error. Well, trial. Not any error. I mean nothing has had to be done over again. But I figured out cutting the clapboards before I put them on the house is easier. (And thereby allows me to avoid cuts from the Xacto knife!) And a little bit of hot glue goes a long way to keeping them from giving into the law of gravity. Now several days into this project, I've got it down to a system. Which will hopefully make the remaining sides go a lot faster than these two have! (And I'm also hoping they'll look better once the windows and trim are attached...)

One side down...

And now two...

No comments:

Post a Comment