Friday, November 18, 2011

What Isn't Done

Some weeks it seems like I get more not done than done. Thankfully I'm not talking about work. Because this is my last day before I head off to Indiana for a week to spend Thanksgiving with my family. My to-do list is done, every form everyone should need printed in bulk, admits as completed as possible, etc. Hopefully I won't come back to a national disaster area.

I'm talking more personal. Like so much for getting all the windows into my dollhouse before I leave. I still have tomorrow to put a few in. I hope all the kitchen, the library, and the 2nd and 3rd floor halls. The rest will probably have to wait, although I can glue some pieces together so they'll be ready to go.

Didn't get a bit of shopping I wanted to get done before I leave accomplished either. Oh, well. Missed shopping ventures are never losses in my book.

There are still a few other things I need to do before I leave, a couple pretty important (like laundry, calling the bank) and some that will probably just have to wait until I get back. Like I'll have a great deal of time between now and Christmas. Although, I will have to fit that shopping in...

On Wednesday in my class at church we did a thankfulness tree. Nothing unusual about that, but instead of cutting the leaves out of construction paper I decided the kids could do leaf rubbings, cut those out and write what they're thankful for on that. I had to go to a park to get leaves (mesquite leaves don't work for rubbing) and could only find oak and some kind of elm. (Although, I guess kudzu would have worked...) First the kids couldn't believe those were real leaves. Then they didn't know what to do with them. I had to demonstrate putting leaves under the paper and coloring over them with a crayon. Now I thought leaf rubbings were something most kids did by the age of 3. But apparently that isn't the case in Texas where trees (and, therefore, leaves) are a luxury item.

Guess we learned more than the fact that God can do all His holy will. Which, sadly, was not putting trees in the state of Texas.

No comments:

Post a Comment