Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Answered Prayer

It's almost a cliche to say that God has a sense of humor. And, when you think about it, probably not the thing to say about a thrice holy God. But He certainly answers our humorous prayers.

To make a long story short, let's just say one of the toilets in my bathroom broke. I thought I had turned off the water to it, but it continued to leak. So, I got out a bucket. No problem...until I had to go away for a week. No one was going to be up at the house to empty the bucket every couple of days. Would I come home to a "flooded" bathroom? Not what I wanted to think about as I packed for Thanksgiving. So, I prayed.

Okay, so this might all seem a bit ridiculous - me standing in my bathroom and praying that it would not flood while I was away. I tightened the plumbing one more time (since perhaps I hadn't tightened it enough the first time), put out a couple of towels and put the bucket it place. Then I prayed that this toilet would do the opposite of the the widow's cruse of oil. I didn't want oil until I filled every container in my house - I simply wanted no water on the floor when I returned. Still, my faith doesn't move very many mountains. I was sure I would come home to a wet floor.

But, as you might already know, I didn't. As a matter of fact, the bucket was but a tenth or so full. The towels and floors were completely dry. And, as if that isn't answered prayer enough, the toilet hasn't leaked since! And even though you might be laughing at all this (just as I was), I am happy to say that my thrice holy God answers prayer - sense of humor or not!

No comments:

Post a Comment