Friday, December 2, 2011

Everything I wanted to blog about...

When you're gone for a week, it's amazing how much catch-up has to be played. Work wasn't that busy while I was gone, but the guy who comes in to "do" my work always leaves piles scattered about I have to go through and decipher. So, "not that busy" took me more than a day to interpret. As for the rest of my life, it's been thankfully a rather quiet week! And yet things still fell through the cracks.

For example, I wanted to post pictures today and tell of the process of my dollhouse. but as I was putting in windows last night, I had to tape them up so they would stay in position until the glue dries. And I didn't want to take pictures of taped windows. So, I'll post pictures next week of the half of the house that has windows. The other half...well, hopefully before I leave for Christmas.

Then I thought I'd post something on Christmas traditions and keep that as a weekly thing through December. Because I treasure the traditions my family has, even though I miss most of them and don't do them myself because there's little enjoyment in doing any of that by yourself. I've been thinking about them lately for three reasons:

1. My family is doing their day-long shopping trip today and I'm missing it.
2. I've missed all the traditions I'm no longer a part of the last three years.
3. A friend of mine didn't have a lot of traditions growing up and tends to be a little scornful of mine. Or maybe it's envy...

Still thinking such posts would be a good idea, but they'll have to wait til next week as I sort through them. (Yes, we have that many!)

Lastly, I thought I'd post about my new dog. All right, adopted dog. And only for three days. Susan, our social worker at work, went out of town today with her family and the friend who was supposed to care for the dog couldn't. So, I said I'd do it if she couldn't get anyone else. And, so, I have a dog for the weekend. It's a little Shih Tzu puppy of 12 weeks named Chikku. All the thing is a bundle of soft puppy fur, sharp teeth and playful attitude. We played last night until he wore out, but this morning he awoke and jumped from his kennel wanting to play so much he didn't have time to eat. He finally ate something when I locked him in the bathroom wtih his food (at least when he wasn't whining or, I discovered, playing in his water bowl). He happily brought me my slippers and chased leaves out in the yard. And as it was a wet, misty morning he was quite damp when he came in. So, I dried him off with a towel which he thought was great fun. I really need a dog...a companion! I think I'll ask for one for Christmas. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment