Friday, December 30, 2011

Here comes the end - the start of the beginning...

Since I've been in Indiana over the holidays, I decided to look at a computer as little as possible. It would have been a better decision not to look at a computer at all because I checked my e-mail a couple of times and one of those times somebody who had nothing better to do over the holidays than hack people hacked me. Merry Christmas to them, too!

And now back in sunny Texas with work piled up, and more to do on a Saturday than I have time for, and a cold worse than the one I went to Indiana with it's like my week away never happened. Business goes on as usual. Nothing has changed. Conversations go on as if they never stopped. Was I even gone?

But I truly had a nice week away. And coming back hasn't been bad (except it's 60 something every day here - guess it's good I didn't get any sweaters for Christmas!). I'll actually be caught up before the day is over. Still need to run about a million more miles to work off home cooking, but I guess I could leave that for a 2012 resolution.

It's hard to believe it will be 2012 this weekend. Where did 2011 go? So much happened - so much didn't. (Like winning an all expense paid vacation to New Zealand - have to settle with looking at the pictures one of the nurses brought back from her vacation there.) Who knows what 2012 will bring. Trying not to hope on too much and so rest in my God who never changes no matter what year it is. Praise Him for that!!!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting exactly what I wanted to say! I stayed with my grandmother this past week for a time of respite, and it was, but I feel like we did so much shopping I just about dropped! Great to hear I'm not the only one feeling like 2011 went like a snap of the fingers. :-)

    ReplyDelete