Monday, December 12, 2011

And this week...

I woke up a bit tired this morning...got to bed late and woke up two hours before I had to. I went back to sleep, of course, but not completely. You know how that goes...

Last week I ran circles. Still waiting to see if I lost any weight from that (probably not thanks to Christmas baking this weekend), but I should have. I've never had a week when seven new patients were admitted and six died/were discharged. I've had more than seven new patients in a week. And I've had more than six die. Just not all at once. I felt like telling the dealer to stop shuffling me cards - I had enough!!!!

The weekend wasn't too grand - I mean, work wise. The on-call nurse made a decision I discussed with her until I was blue in the face on Friday...and I'll be playing clean-up on that for the next year or more. (Maybe I'll be gone by then...) I mean, I knew my day was going to start out with an insurance company, but I had not planned on dealing with two. Nor had I planned on three deaths within two hours and another admit this afternoon. My boss made the remark this afternoon, "They need to leave you alone. Because if they don't, I can't bother you." Oh, yeah, that helps!

The home health office manager remarked today that when I leave for the holidays next week I'll be more than ready if things keep up like this. "Or," she added with a wry smile, "you'll just decide not to come back at all. Don't do that to me."

Fortunately for her, right now I'm too tired to think about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment