Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Spring Ramblings


Spring is here! At least, we think. Just so those of you who were watching the news know, I live in northern Minnesota (well, really central) and it was southern Minnesota that got all that snow. So the first weekend since October, Phil didn’t have to shovel or sand…he didn’t know what to do with himself! But no one has won the “Ice Award”. There is still ice on the lake. Bill says we’re starting a second contest and he’s putting out a June calendar tomorrow.

Dads ‘n Lads is very different from Mother/Daughter. I was only in on it Friday night (besides all the prep work). No stress or details involved with guys. The only thing I had to do was make sure they signed up for their paintball time and paid for the zipline!

Mother’s Treat this weekend which is a very-mini quilt retreat (like 15 women). I don’t have to be here for it. But I have some prep work. And Monday starts Senior Retreat. We have about 40 seniors coming from Monday-Thursday. The only thing to worry about is them beating each other with canes over the rooms they want. Senior Day will be Tuesday, when we expect over 100 seniors. Got to make phone calls on that tomorrow. Do nametags. Folder labels. Door signs. Not much to it.

First letters go out this week for the summer. Memorial Day Weekend Family Camp is just around the corner. Got to prep for letters going out next week for Adventurers (grades 1-3) camp June 6-9. Summer staff arrives the Wednesday after Memorial Day. Hard to believe summer is nearly here… Did a run through with Carmen last week. Think I’m ready, except much of it will be learning as I go. What am I looking forward to the most? Putting cabins together. I’m going to have a blast sitting in my living room with nearly 200 registrations and sorting them into cabins of 8 to 10 kids. Yea!

On a more personal note, my mom made me a great quilt for my bed so now I’m all nice and cozy on the nights that are still quite cold. Ordered some pots and pans – now I can actually boil water! Found a chair I am DYING to have. It’s an oversized swivel chair. I can’t stop thinking about it. Makes little sense for entertaining purposes, but I’m alone with my books and laptop much more than I have anyone over. And it would be soooo awesome to read, write and nap in! I’ve just about overcome the price tag…but purchasing a bicycle to ride to work comes first.

Best of all, I have a friend visiting not this weekend but next. My last relaxing “vacation” before I hit summer. (Since being in a wedding the second weekend of June is NOT relaxing.) I won’t have a real day off again until…well, it snows.


A unique panoramic of our lake – see the ice!

No comments:

Post a Comment