Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Catch Up

Where does the time go? For the past many years, I’ve waiting endlessly for summer to come to an end. In Texas, it never does. In Minnesota, it’s over before it started. The lake thawed in May…it dips down into the 40s at night now. I even heard it may dip down into the 30s on Saturday. Snow anyone?

I like this part of summer. Never reached hundred. Hardly reached the 90s. Always cool at night. What I don’t like is camp is almost over. We have this week of 215 junior highers. On Sunday, we will welcome close to 200 9 to 12 year olds. And then it’s over. It seems like we only just begun. Camp will be like a tomb. And I’m not looking forward to that.

This week it’s time to transfer my mind to one last week-long family camp and the Labor Day weekend family camp. Then it’s on to Dads ‘n Daughters, Senior Week, Men’s Retreat and Women’s Retreat…not to mention Quilt Retreats start this last weekend of October and the first three are already full. I’m going through the motions of prep, but my mind isn’t quite in them yet.

In other news, my parents are visiting this week, staying at one of the cottages at camp until Friday. We don’t have any great plans, but it will be nice to have them around and see what my life here is like.


I am now completely moved to Minnesota…put the license plates on my car on Friday.  It’s nice to have all that over with. Tomorrow I get a really nice chair for my apartment – a huge, comfy, round swivel chair. Can’t wait. It will be great not to sit on the floor, and I could have fallen asleep on it at the furniture store. My parents are bringing my dresser. And I think all that will quite suffice. After all, it will all have to be moved again, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment