Monday, August 12, 2013

Visitors!

Last week I had visitors (hence the lack of blogging last week). My parents. They stayed in one of the very nice cottages at camp and we had a great time. They brought up my dresser from home. (Yea! No more piling my clothes on shelves!) And Mom brought me produce from the garden. (Squash or cucumbers anyone?) Since the cottage has a grill, we made the most of it and grilled hamburgers, corn on the cob, squash, sausages and steak. (No, not all in one night). We played games. Dad went fishing on the lake while Mom canoed. (In other words: Dad navigated, Mom paddled and we’re just glad none of the neighbors called them on charges of disturbing the peace.) Also…



Dad fished on the Mississippi. When I texted this picture to my siblings, Sally wanted to know if we didn’t grow bigger fish up here and Jenny said to tell Dad that was the bait – not the fish.



Mom and Dad went ziplining at camp! Mom beat him both times – Dad says she didn’t count off right.


 At the insistence of the summer staff, I joined them on the zipline. It was my first time on it (if you don’t count hanging from it in the snow).

No comments:

Post a Comment