Tuesday, October 29, 2013

MN: From the Perspective of a Nomad, Part 7

Funny, from where I lived in Texas I headed straight up I35 until I was on the opposite end of the country and...well, it's almost like being on the opposite side of the world! This time last year, I was jogging around and playing tennis in shorts. Today I was jumping rope and running sprints while snow tumbled down from the sky. Personally, I much prefer the fresh, crisp air and beauty of the snow!

Yes, it has snowed in Minnesota...


This is about as much as it stuck this time around, although it fell all morning. But the snow shovels are out, the guys have been putting bags of sand in strategic locations about camp and we're getting ready...because, you know, it hasn't snowed in four months - and it's about time!

I also discovered a new tree this week. Not that I'm a botanist. I'm not good with trees...or anything that grows, really. Aaron mentioned a tree called "tamarack" earlier this year. I wasn't sure what he was talking about...until I saw yellow fir trees this week. Our camp gardener was telling us today that it is the only pine he knows that not only changes colors but looses all it's needles. They're pretty neat. I've certainly never seen anything like them and they make the landscape very pretty.


No comments:

Post a Comment