Friday, January 10, 2014

Surprise Blessings

Before I even arrived in Minnesota to take the job here at Camp Lebanon, Lisa (head of women's ministries) wanted to display my dollhouse at the Fall Quilt Retreat. Why? Well, the theme was "Home Improvement". I'm not sure if that meant my dollhouse needs improvement or because it's a work in progress...

So, at the end of October, my dollhouse came out of the box it has been safely kept in and was put on display for the hundreds of women that passed through camp. I did a few "devotionals" (I'm not sure what you call a talk on a dollhouse that's supposed to be spiritual and never did make a clean connect there) that got the women talking about dollhouses they had, or wanted, or knew someone had. It's funny that a dollhouse turns grown women into little girls.

Of course, being quilters, I had lots of questions about the quilts that were going to go on the beds (that I don't have) in the bedrooms of my house. They asked about size and chatted with each other about how a quilt that small would be made. Not being a quilter, I just listened.

Well, this week I got a gift from one of the quilters. I was so surprised and blessed by her gift of time and beauty that I hardly knew what to say. I mean, how do you even write a thank you card for something like this:



The dollhouse is back in it's box now, awaiting it's next move in May. (Yes, May. Told everyone not to put this address in ink. More on that next week...) And the quilt and pillows will go in the box with my other dollhouse furniture to await a future bed...a reminder of the blessing my short stay in Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment