Saturday, February 15, 2014

My Favorite Part


I always knew the favorite part of planning my wedding would be the invitations. Not the designing of them or the wording or anything. Just the putting them in envelopes, addressing them, mailing them. So Melissa. Yes, sometimes I wish I could break my mold. Be a little more creative than stuffing envelopes. Oh, well.

And it’s true. While it was very exciting to get my dress on Monday, I think I was even more excited when my invitations came on Thursday. I wanted to go home that night and address them. But I put it off till today. After all, I don’t want to the fun to end too quickly!

My second favorite thing to do is the registry. I started on one at shopworldkitchen.com a little bit yesterday. When I moved here, I got my one set of dishes from them. So, I decided to register with them so I can just continue the set. Today I’ll start on one bedbathandbeyond.com. Neither will be complete. It’s just to get it started since the invitations are going out. And Ed will have things to add that he’s more particular about than I am. (And they all come after the Kitchen Aid anyhow – there’s not much more important than that!) It’s not really that I get jump-up-and-down excited about dishes and linens (except maybe the Kitchen Aid) or that it means I get gifts. The thing I like about it is making a list. That’s even better than stuffing envelopes!

Thus, the march to the wedding continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment