Tuesday, July 1, 2014

A Job!

Seems like married life keeps your pretty busy. Actually, I don’t feel any busier than I ever did. I’m just not near an internet connection often, so my blogging has fallen between the cracks. Hopefully I can remedy that with frequent trips to the library (which is only a half mile away!).

But we are settling in. Got a dining room table and chairs on Craigslist. (Yea for not sitting on the floor anymore! Yea for a place to beat Ed in Qwirkle!) Got a washer. Working on the dryer. We have one…it’s just not in the basement yet. Long story…

Changing my name has been more of a hassle than I thought it would be. And it’s still not changed 100% the way I want it 100% all around. Why? Well, to make a long story short: the Northern politicians continue to enforce a reign of aggression upon the South and their traditions. We will leave it at that.

But I do have a job! If I had had my way, I would have had a job already lined up before I even got here. But, as usual, God’s ways are much better than mine. I think I would have been a little bit more overwhelmed than I already was if I had started a job immediately following the wedding. So, I started sending out letters to anyone and everyone instead. And got NO responses. I was about ready to apply at Barnes and Noble or the local grocery store when I got a call one morning. Just that week I had started praying for one thing: one interview. Just one. And I got it. Followed by a job offer. Followed by a part-time (moving to fulltime) job I started last week.

I can’t say it’s what I ever imagined myself doing, but then most of my jobs haven’t been things I’ve imagined anyhow. And I’m always up to learning something new. So, now I’m going to learn about landscape architecture. And I already know that while I will learn much, I will never be able to apply anything. I mean, I’m just happy the grass (I’m sorry, clover!) in my yard grows. Waterfalls, flowers, pathways…I wouldn’t know where to begin. But, thankfully, creative people need black-and-white dull people. And I certainly fit that bill!

It’s a very quiet office – quieter than any office I have ever worked in. And it’s a small company, casual and friendly. Best of all, it’s only three miles from my house. And in Pittsburgh, that’s saying a lot. And it’s a job where I can use my skills and hone ones that have been left on the back burner for a while (namely, accounts payable). Plus starting out part time is great as I also maneuver keeping a home and being a wife.


God has answered more prayers than I dared to ask Him for, even though He knew I wanted a small company, casual atmosphere and near home. As usual, I just didn’t have enough faith to ask for what I thought I wouldn’t get. Will I ever learn?

No comments:

Post a Comment