Friday, April 24, 2015

Being a Mommy

A friend recently asked me what my favorite part about being a mommy is so far. I realize I haven’t been a mommy for very long (two whole weeks!), but I already have a favorite part – and it’s not waking up at 2 AM to feed her, although I truly don’t mind.

My favorite part of being a mommy is just being with her. It doesn’t matter if I’m giving her a bath, or it’s feeding time, or she’s lying on the floor while I read her a story. I just like to spend time with her. I like to watch her, and cuddle with her, and talk to her as she makes noises or seems to sing in her own little way. And since I love that so much, early morning feedings are just an opportunity to be with her.

Already I can’t imagine our life without her. It’s hard to describe how she somehow completes us, how much she adds to our marriage, and how much I love and appreciate Ed even more.

I know I’m only starting this adventure of motherhood. And there are moments when I wonder how I’ll manage potty training, or teaching her to read, or what wise counsel I could possibly give her when she comes to me with her problems. I know I’m not wise enough to raise a little girl into a beautiful young woman. And every day I ask God to give me what I don’t have to be what He has called me to be.


But for now, she’s just a tiny little thing who wants to be fed, and bathed, and cuddled, and loved. All things Mommy is happy to do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment