Wednesday, September 30, 2015

New Hampshire!!!!

I am in New Hampshire…where I have learned that taking a vacation with a family is nothing like taking a vacation by yourself. I mean, I knew that in my head - I just didn't know it in practice. Which means our plans have changed a bit from our original plan. So while I am very disappointed that showing Ed and Emry where I'm from (Newport, RI) isn't going to happen, at least we have gotten to come to New England and see some of the places I love so dearly.

And, really, Emry is a very good little traveler over all. She is especially good at being around her never-sit-still-for-a-minute Cousin Jay. So far he hasn't done anything to phase her. Neither have either of my sister's dogs. Both Coda and ten-week-old Chloe have licked her face, stepped all around her, and sniffed her to death. She just takes it in stride and puts out her hand to pet them. The only issue we have had (besides being extremely tired of being put in a carseat) is our first tumble. We were trying to sit up among the pumpkins with Jay and tipped over on our side - we have our first bruise on our cheek now. On the brighter side we have also tried real food for the first time: bananas are very, very yummy!

I've got tons of pictures I could post, but we'll just select a few for now:

The Cousins

Aunt Jenny and Emry

Emry with the pumpkins

Two sisters - two kids: Katey, me, Emry and Jay

Cousin Jay, can I have a bite of your apple?





No comments:

Post a Comment