Wednesday, September 23, 2015

The Rocking Chair

Sometimes I have an excellent memory, but some things I have completely forgotten or don’t quite remember the whole story. It’s funny how things you have “completely forgotten” can come back to you in a flash. For instance, we were at a huge children’s consignment event this past weekend to get Emry clothes for the fall and winter. As I wandered past the toy section I came upon a little Fisher Price stove top – the one with a timer and when you turn the “burners” on, the “flame” (aka: red plastic) comes up so it looks like it’s “on”. I had one of those!!!! So many memories…I had “completely forgotten”.

Meanwhile, things I don’t quite remember the whole story of never seem to come completely back. One of those things is my little rocking chair. What I do remember of its history is that it had been my dad’s little rocking chair, and I received it for my first Christmas from my grandparents when I was ten months old. What I can’t remember is if my grandfather had made the chair or if it had also been his. But it is quite safe to say the little rocking chair is quite old. It’s a memory of my past and is now a piece of my future.

Me and my rocking chair nearly 35 years ago!



Emry and what is now her rocking chair today.

No comments:

Post a Comment