Thursday, June 23, 2016

Book Goal 2016

I announced in January that my intention this year was to read through the alphabet three times. That means 78 books. And three for each letter of the alphabet. Now six months into the year, how am I doing? Well…

I certainly won’t have a problem getting through 78 books. The tricky part has been finding some of the letters. I admit, “cheating” may be in order for more than just the letter “X” (which is hard enough to find in the midst of a title, let alone at the start of one). Titles that start with “U” are proving to be a bit elusive. “Y” isn’t easy either. But I’ll figure it out.

The other problem I’m having is reading books I don’t need to. What do I mean? Well, there are books I find that I REALLY want to read. So, I check them out and read them. Only to discover I have already read FIVE books that start with the letter “D” this year. Or “W”. Or “R”. Yeah, the 78 won’t be a problem. But maybe I should have decided to read 78 books that start with the letter “L”…

I officially have the alphabet read through once. I am working on the other two with only 35 books to go. I have a stack next to my bed that will cover eight of those. So, at six months I am more than half way. I’ll get it done. I just wish more people used “Xylophone” in the title of a book…

No comments:

Post a Comment