Friday, March 17, 2017

My…Twins?

They say pregnant women have dreams of their babies. I can’t remember any particular dreams of either Emry or Ethan except ones in which I had twins instead of just one. But anytime I thought day dreamed about either of my kids, I certainly didn’t get it right. I imagined Emry would be a blond. I was bleach blond as a child. Ed was also blond. A dark head full of hair was not at all what I imagined, although I think her hair will have blond streaks in it after hours outside this summer. I also thought she’s be bigger, chubbier. Since she’s nearly two and just now outgrowing 12-month clothes, I wasn’t spot on there either. Oh, well.

I didn’t day dream quite as much about Ethan. Still, I was sure he would be bigger than Emry. And chubbier. And bald. Nope. An ounce lighter then Emry, but an inch longer and not a lot of fat at all. And, another head full of dark hair. Point of fact, I was stunned when I saw my little boy for the first time…for I certainly never imagined he would look so much like his sister. In fact, he could be her twin!

Newborn Emry – April 2015.

Newborn Ethan – February 2017.

Emry – one month old.

Ethan – one month old.

No comments:

Post a Comment